Our homes are located in a safe, enclosed neighborhood near the Texas Medical Center. In addition to quality residential care for the children, caregivers work with professionals on staff and in the community to evaluate and address the needs of each child, including consultations with pediatricians, medical specialists, developmental specialists, therapists, psychologists, school personnel, caseworkers and social service workers.
- 89 children resided in the Residential Program during 2018, including 57 new intakes.
- More than 252 clients received services through the Residential Program during the year.
- Casa de Esperanza's 10 agency homes and 28 volunteer community foster homes provided 12,354 days of care. T
- 46 Hands of Hope interns provided service during 2018, including 24 new interns
- 66 children were discharged in 2018. The average length of stay was:
- 3.2 months for children not in CPS custody
- 23.6 months for children in CPS custody
- Families of 43 children established safe, stable homes for their children
- 18 birth parents obtained their high school diploma during their child's placement.
- 23 parents initiated mental health treatment
- 19 parents initiated treatment for substance abuse
- Permanency was established within 1-year of placement for
- 90% of children not in CPS custody
- 22% of children in CPS custody