Our homes are located in a safe, enclosed neighborhood near the Texas Medical Center. In addition to quality residential care for the children, caregivers work with professionals on staff and in the community to evaluate and address the needs of each child, including consultations with pediatricians, medical specialists, developmental specialists, therapists, psychologists, school personnel, caseworkers and social service workers.
- 85 children resided in the Residential Program during 2017, including 44 new intakes.
- More than 274 clients received services through the Residential Program during the year.
- Casa de Esperanza's 10 agency homes and 29 volunteer community foster homes provided 14,848 days of care. This includes 9 newly licensed community foster homes.
- 44 Hands of Hope interns provided service during 2017, including 21 new interns
- 51 children were discharged in 2017:
- 47% of biological family members
- 16% to adoption
- 37% to Children's Protective Services
- The average length of stay for a child was 8.2 months