Our homes are located in a safe, enclosed neighborhood near the Texas Medical Center. In addition to quality residential care for the children, caregivers work with professionals on staff and in the community to evaluate and address the needs of each child, including consultations with pediatricians, medical specialists, developmental specialists, therapists, psychologists, school personnel, caseworkers and social service workers.
- 66 children resided in the Residential Program during 2020, including 43 new intakes.
- The average age of a child at admission was 15 months.
- Casa de Esperanza's 10 agency homes and 16 volunteer community foster homes provided 7,127 days of care.
- 58 Hands of Hope House Parents provided service during 2020, including 33 new House Parents.
- The average length of stay was 134 days.
- 41 families established a safe, stable home for their child(ren).
- 25 parents enrolled in parenting classes.
- 47 parents initiated treatment for mental health or substance abuse.
- Permanency was established within one year for 98% of children not in CPS custody.
- 100% of the children were brought up to date on medical care including immunizations.