Our homes are located in a safe, enclosed neighborhood near the Texas Medical Center. In addition to quality residential care for the children, caregivers work with professionals on staff and in the community to evaluate and address the needs of each child, including consultations with pediatricians, medical specialists, developmental specialists, therapists, psychologists, school personnel, caseworkers and social service workers.
- 92 children resided in the Residential Program during 2019, including 66 new intakes.
- The average age of a child at admission was 16 months.
- 300 clients (children and their family members) received services through the Residential Program during the year.
- Casa de Esperanza's 10 agency homes and 23 volunteer community foster homes provided 10,776 days of care.
- 53 Hands of Hope interns provided service during 2019, including 39 new interns
- 69 children were discharged in 2019. The average length of stay was:
- 6.9 months for children not in CPS custody
- 17.1 months for children in CPS custody
- Families of 47 children established safe, stable homes for their children.
- 33 parents enrolled in parenting classes.
- 37 parents initiated mental health treatment.
- 19 parents initiated treatment for substance abuse.
- Permanency was established for 86% of the children within 1-year of placement