When family reunification is not possible for a child residing in a Casa foster home, the agency seeks an adoptive family to provide stability and permanency. All Casa adoption services are provided free-of-charge to families. Adoption is an important milestone in a foster child's life; however, it is not the end of Casa de Esperanza's commitment to the child and his or her family. Recognizing the life-long consequences of early childhood trauma and disruption, Casa's Post-Adoption Program offers on-going education, advocacy and case management services to adoptive families who may need extra support and guidance to meet the special needs of their adopted child!
2017 Adoption Statistics
- 8 Adoptions finalized.
- 50% were older than 2 at the time of their adoption
Post-Adoption Service Statistics
- Current Post-Adoption Caseload: 124 families, with 229 adoptive children
- 24 clients received crisis intervention services
- 58 families received tangible support, e.g. groceries, diapers, school clothes and supplies
- 82 families with 150 children received holiday gifts.
- 18 adoptees received post-secondary support through Casa Scholarship Program.
- 4 adoptees receive summer camp assistance.
- 108 clients utilized social networking opportunities.
- 27 adoptees received 187 psychological consultations
- 3 clients utilized psychiatric services provided by our volunteer physician.
- The Casa de Esperanza psychologist provided 4 consultations with schools regarding adoptees.