- Kathy Foster, Bill Jones and a small group of friends begin meeting to discuss opening a home for abused children.
- Houston attorney Paul Daugherty makes initial donation of $500 and the first Casa de Esperanza house is rented.
- Dr. Kathleen Motil, a pediatrician, visits Casa de Esperanza and begins volunteering and providing a weekly clinic for the children.
- Two volunteer psychologists, including Ronnie Koehn, visit Casa de Esperanza and begin to provide services to the children. Ronnie is later hired on staff full-time and worked for Casa for 35 years.
- Casa cares for our first child with HIV.
- Casa de Esperanza celebrates its first adoption.
- Mary Nicholas donates 4 acres on Almeda Road which will become the Casa Neighborhood and Office location.
- Casa de Esperanza is the beneficiary of the first Houston Rockets Tux & Tennies gala and a portion of the proceeds are used to build the Rockets Center offices.
- Casa Academy opens to provide educational support to post-adoption clients.
- 100th adoption takes place
- The Hand of Hope Service Year program is established.
- The new neighborhood opens. David Weekley Homes built the homes at cost and the Morgan Group built the neighborhood’s infrastructure.
- Casa de Esperanza is proud to celebrate 30 years of service to the Greater Houston community.
- In the fall of 2021, the staff and board completed a new 3-year Strategic Plan aimed at continuing the mission of Casa de Esperanza.
- Casa de Esperanza celebrates it's 40th Anniversary!
- AmeriCorps and Casa de Esperanza partner to create the Hands of Hope AmeriCorps Service Member program.
Thank you for being a part of this journey!
HONORING OUR FOUNDERS: KATHY FOSTER & BILL JONES