The AFTERCARE AND OUTREACH PROGRAM provides case management services to families whose child(ren) have been in placement in Casa de Esperanza's Residential Program. Services are voluntary but encouraged, as the relationships formed between Casa staff and the families we serve are an invaluable tool for preventing child abuse and neglect. Because we want our families to feel welcome and supported, this program is open-ended, allowing our staff to monitor the family’s risk levels and offer help before anyone gets hurt.
Through this program, our families are provided with referrals for medical, psychological, substance abuse and legal services. They receive assistance with coordinating appointments, obtaining needed medications, and transportation services. It is also through this program that our families can access needed items such as groceries, diapers and formula, back to school supplies, and holiday gifts. It is also thorugh this program that families impacted by natural disasters, storms, and ongoing challenges like the Covid pandemic can find help and referrals.
- 408 clients received services.
- 45 families needed increased services or returned to Casa de Esperanza for services due to COVID-19.
- 104 families were provided with basic needs items including food, cleaning supplies and diapers.
- 28 families were assisted with rent or utilities.
- 10 parents received assistance managing parole, probation, or other legal matters.
- 54 visits were made to assist with transportation to medical appointments or to pick up prescriptions.
“Something so simple as these items can make such a difference.”
– Sister Patricia Aseltyne, IHM Aftercare Coordinator