The Aftercare and Outreach Program supports families during a child’s transition and return home from placement at Casa de Esperanza. The Aftercare Coordinator monitors the family reunification process for as long as is necessary to ensure the safety and well being of the child and to help maintain the integrity and stability of the family. The caseworker also helps to facilitate financial or legal assistance, medical care, school enrollment, or other services necessary to maintain a stable environment for the children. Services also include assistance with:
- School uniforms and supplies
- Emergency rent or utility expenses
- 83 families with 171 children and 101 adults received Aftercare services in 2019.
- 647 Home visits were made.
- 61 families were provided with basic needs – food, diapers, etc.
- 83% of Aftercare families have stable housing
“Something so simple as these items can make such a difference.”
– Sister Patricia Aseltyne, IHM Aftercare Coordinator